Wednesday, August 4, 2010
I made this delicious raw dessert tonight and loved it. This recipe was created by Jackie Graff of Sprout Raw Food. It has mangos, peaches, blueberries, and a nutty topping with dates. This recipe does not contain any sugar, just the natural sweetness of the fruits. This tastes amazingly delicious!
3 fresh or frozen peaches, peeled and chopped
2 mangos peeled and chopped
6 medjool dates
1/2 tsp unrefined sea salt
1 Tbsp ground psyllium (find at the health food store in the bins by the ground products)
2 cups blueberries (or any berry)
1/2 cup pecan peces
1/2 cup walnut pieces
3/4 cup medjool dates
1/3 tsp unrefined sea salt (Optional-I did not add this additional salt)
1 tsp vanilla powder (grind a vanilla bean in small blender) Use vanilla flavoring if you do not have this.
1. Place 1/2 of the chopped peaches & mangos in a small 9 x 9 casserole dish.
2. Place the other 1/2 of the peaches & mangos in a blender with the dates and sea salt. Blend well.
3. Add psyllium to blended peach/mango mixture and let sit for 5 minutes.
4. Mix the peach/mango mixture into the casserole dish with the other sliced peaches & mangos.
5. Mix in blueberries carefully.
6. Prepare topping by adding pecans, walnuts, medjool dates and vanilla to blender and chopping to create a crumbly mixture.
7. Sprinkle topping on cobbler.
8. Chill & serve.