Vega Book Giveaway: Must Have Been Something I Ate, by Peggy Kotsopoulos. Peggy is part of the Vega Team over at Sequel Naturals. She is a Registered Holistic Nutritionist, Health Educator, and Culinary Consultant. (See information at bottom of post for Giveaway instructions). The Giveaway is for Peggy's book, one sample packet of Choc-a-Lot Shake & Go Smoothie and one packet of the Complete Whole Food Health Optimizer in Berry Flavor.
Peggy's topics and tips include:
- Learn key nutrients that will have you feeling energized and stress-free
- Reveal what could be sabotaging your weight-loss efforts and how to lose the weight for good
- Discover how to kick cravings to the curb
- Get gorgeous with beautifying foods
- Locate the best foods to lift your mood and revamp your sex life
- Design PMS-proof cabinets
- Plus 25 guilt-free yet indulgent recipes complete with colour photos
I created many of Peggy's recipes and they were all sooo...delicious!! One of my favorites was the I "Heart" Key Lime Pie. This recipe makes 4 (3 3/4 inch tarts). Each tart can be cut in half to actually serve 8 people. I also created Creamy Coconut Kelp Noodles and Chai Tea Latte. They were also very good.
I "Heart" Key Lime Pie
I "Heart" Key Lime Pie
Makes 4 (3 3/4" tarts)
Chocolate Macaroon Crust
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp hemp seeds
Add all ingredients into food processor and mix until all ingredients are finely processed and start to stick together. Press mixture firmly into tart molds to form crust. Place in fridge while making the filling.
Key Lime Pie Filling
- 1 large ripe avocado
- Juice of 2 limes
- Zest of 1/2 lime
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/3 cup coconut nectar
Place all ingredients in food processor and blend until creamy and smooth. Pour into Chocolate Macaroon pie molds and refrigerate for at least one hour.
I purchased Fat Daddio's 3 3/4 inch removeable bottom mini tart pans and they worked really well.
Creamy Coconut Kelp Noodles (Page 167)
Creamy Coconut Kelp Noodles
Chai Tea Latte (Page 137)
The Complete Whole Food Health Optimizers are an excellent source of protein, fiber & antioxidants. They provide 45% recommended daily intake of vitamins & minerals, contain Omega 3 & EFAs, enzymes, probiotics & phytonutrients. Free of common allergens, alkaline-forming, easy to digest and YUMMY!! Sweetened with stevia. Vega was formulated by Brendan Brazier who is one of only a few professional athletes in the world whose diet is 100 percent plant-based. He’s a professional Ironman triathlete, bestselling author of The Thrive Diet (Penguin, 2007), and the creator of an award-winning line of whole food nutritional products called Vega. He is also a two-time Canadian 50km Ultra Marathon Champion.
* Two servings of veggies
* 2500 mg Omega-3-6-9
* 11 g compete protein
* Only 100 calories
* 1 billion probiotics cultures
* 65% Raw
* Soy Free
Winner will be chosen at random on Friday, July 1st in the afternoon.
1. Add a comment that you follow my blog. Tell me about yourself, if you have ever used Vega or how a plant-based diet has helped you:)
3. Add a comment that you "Like" The Health Seeker's Kitchen Facebook Page
4. Add a comment that you Tweeted this post (Just click on the T below my post) and it will tweet for you.
5. Add a comment that you "Like" Vega Facebook Page.
6. Add a comment that you posted about this giveaway on your blog.
I hope you will be part of this giveaway. Good luck. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Note–The Giveaway is for Peggy's book, one sample packet of Choc-a-Lot Shake & Go Smoothie and one packet of the Complete Whole Food Health Optimizer in Berry Flavor. **********************************************************************************