Young Coconut Water is an antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral, which means you can help reduce the effect of colds, and the flu by drinking it. This drink is high in potassium. Potassium is our central electrolyte which regulates so many of the bodily functions. Drinking coconut water will certainly help your potassium levels providing 294 mg per serving.You will also be amazed to know that through drinking one cup of coconut water, you'll receive over 2.5 grams of fiber.
Pineapple has Bromelain - The "Magic" Ingredient Found Only in Pineapples and Papayas
This tropical fruit is just one of two fruits found on the planet that contains Bromelain. Pineapple juice contains an enzyme called Bromelain. It's health benefits are numerous:
1. It's effective in reducing the body aches and pains you may feel when you have a cold.
2. Bromelain is an anti-inflammatory. It kills bad bacteria and fights infections. Drinking pineapple juice when you have a cold will help soothe and heal a sore throat and reduce swollen glands.
3. Pineapple juice helps to thin mucus and congestion so your body can expel it easier. The bromelain helps calm annoying coughs as well.
4. Drink pineapple juice when you have a cold and it will help settle a nauseous stomach.
5. Pineapple juice has also been used to treat other respiratory ailments such as bronchitis, hay fever, asthma and pneumonia.
Mandarin Oranges - The USDA tested mandarins from 10 different micro climates in Placer County and found that they contain six to seven times the amount of synephrine, a naturally occurring decongestant, than other citrus fruits.
Lemon has been used as a medicinal treatment since the days of ancient Rome. Lemon juice has been used as a cold remedy for ages. The lemon contains over eighty percent of the daily recommended value of Vitamin C. This is from the juice of one lemon! Vitamin C has been shown to boost the immune system. When more white blood cells are present to fight infection, the life of the offending virus is cut short.
|The young Thai coconut I purchased! Beautiful white coconut meat and lots of water.|
|Save your coconut meat and use it for your chocolate pudding. Watch for recipe this week.|
1 cup young coconut water
2 lemons (juiced)
1 cup fresh or frozen pineapple chunks
3 mandarin oranges (peeled)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup ice
Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Enjoy!!