- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- Heidi Klum, Tim Gunn, Nicole Richie (Actors)
To make your self averse to new, retail-price garments (The quick style repair: 20 methods to cease shopping for new garments for ever, 14 July), contemplate this: lower than 20% of that worth represents supplies and labour. The remainder is the producer’s and store proprietor’s outgoings and revenue margins. Are you actually blissful to pay 5 occasions what one thing is value?
In case you are “squeamish” about carrying a stranger’s garments, you’re not being real looking. A garment worn as soon as, with care, will get no extra put on than one tried on in a store by a dozen individuals – a few of whom might pull it off roughly on deciding that they don’t need it. Are there actually individuals who abandon their garments due to a scratchy label? In the event that they don’t know the best way to use a pair of scissors, they want extra assist than is on this article.
• I usually put on garments which can be 20-plus years outdated (initially purchased new). On the finish of the 1980s I used to be colour-coded (and in addition style-coded). A beautiful funding. From then on shopping for garments was simple, realizing they’d go along with every little thing in my wardrobe – putting two colors collectively and if unsure including a 3rd.
• Be a part of the controversy – electronic mail email@example.com
• Learn extra Guardian letters – click on right here to go to gu.com/letters